Sunday, May 6, 2012

A nice Sunday

Today was a very hot and humid day, but it was nice to be spending it at home with my husband.  We did lots of yard work, mowing (well, he did most of the push mowing), weeding, put in several tomato plants, and best of all, he caught another swarm.  It was from a hive of his that had decided to swarm.  It was very neat to watch it in action.  It was almost like what I call a "bee tornado!"  I had never seen a swarm from start to end and that was really amazing to watch it and to hear it too.  I love the sound they make.  Luckily it landed only a few feet away from the hive.  Charles got it and now it is on top of the newest swarm.   Hopefully they will stick around, only mother nature knows!

I've really enjoyed learning about bees lately from my husband.  It is fun and interesting, but whenever one comes close to me and buzzes around my face, I still feel uncomfortable!  Maybe in time I will get used to it.

Charles also finished up the new chicken coop.  The chicks seem to be much happier now.  It's a good size and most of the material was material that was recycled.

Thanks for reading our blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment